Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the scoop

I have been missing in action FO-EVA, but I'm back! I have had a buttload of awesome stuff going on in my life lately to distract me. 2009 was a tumultuous year... the changes inflicted onto my life sent me into a bit of an emotional whirl but I am enthusiastic to say that it landed me happy as a clam on top of 2010. My Dad was diagnosed with cancer a little less than a year ago. When he called me to give me this news, I knew that he couldn't be the only tough-guy; he had enough to deal with. I learned it was time to swallow my pride and for lack of a better phrase, grow a pair. Somehow something just built up inside of me and I felt a massive sense of strength and empowerment and was determined to play the opposite role, the one that was going to be there for others. In my growing of this pair, I started to shed the negativity in my life... people and things I could honestly do without that I was always too scared to let go of before, and IT. FELT. AWESOME! Between love and work, I was managing to carry around a lot of extra weight that started really dragging me down. I feared that if I let go everything would crumble around me, when in fact it was quite the opposite. I took a deep breath, ditched it all, and told myself that I was going to be the one that ended up on the winning side of all situations. I started my own company, I got a great job, I moved, I have traveled all around to spend time with my best friends, and feel better than I have in quite a while. I feel incredibly fortunate to be in such a great place right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment